Thursday, April 23, 2009

James is 2!

It is so hard to believe that my little man is already 2! He seems to have grown up so much lately and does so many new things all the time. I thought I would write a little about what James is like right now so that we can remember. Yesterday at gymnastics the manager asked when he was going to turn 3 because she thought he was coordinated enough to be in the 3 year old class and was surprised when I told her he was just turning 2.


  • James loves to read stories, his favorite right now is "Purple" which is "My Very First Book of Colors" by Eric Carle
  • James loves to play outside with his toys, and tries to write his name with chalk on the sidewalk
  • His favorite color is purple, and brown. At least those are the most fun to say
  • He still sleeps in his crib and has NEVER tried to climb out
  • He loves to jump
  • His best friends are Daniel and Zac
  • He says "Let's go play", "Oh, Natalie!" and "Hi, Go!" all the time
  • His favorite movie is Toy Story 2
  • His favorite song is "Ring around the rosie"
  • He loves to take showers, baths, and go swimming whenever he can
  • His favorite toy right now is anything he can set up like bowling pins and knock down with a ball
  • His favorite food is Waffles with Peanut Butter and Syrup
  • He loves to say prayers at night then run to bed
  • He hates having his diaper changed and lies about whether or not he is "poopie"
  • He loves going to playgroup, gymnastics and Nursery
  • He loves to "spell" things

I am sure there are so many more things I should list but this is all I can think of right now. Happy Birthday James! We love you!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday James!

Amber and The Boys said...

Cracks me up that his favorite color is purple-the "other" girl color. How does Doug like that? At least it isn't pink. :) Jack is still pretty attached to pink. That was fun to read about him. I just keep wishing we lived closer to you guys.