Thursday, April 16, 2009

Go

It's a little past Easter, and we didn't do much but I thought I would still post a few pictures. We let James color Easter eggs, which he loved. He colored on them with the crayon but his favorite part was throwing them in the cup. I didn't get any pictures but here he is with his eggs.

After he colored the eggs he decided to set up an Easter egg hunt and hide them all in the fridge. He broke most of them in the process!

James also named his chicken...Go. It is a very fitting name. I showed him a picture of a baby chick and asked "who's this?" He responded "It's Go." So now our chicken's name is go. It's the one without the blue hair, Tim decided to mark his.

Several times a day James has to go and visit Go. He walks into the bathroom where Go lives and says "Hi Go" then talks to him for a while before leaving, most of the time he says "Come on" which means "Mom can you bring Go out to play?" His favorite is when we put Go on his shoulder. He loves it. And don't worry James is very gentle with Go, the only time he was really rough was when we got that video of him trying to help him fly.

It's interesting how attached my family has gotten to this little bird in less then a week, even Doug loves little Go, and Go is definitely a pet, when he gets to come out he follows us around the house and cries really loud if we leave his sight.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

That's funny that James hid the eggs in the fridge. What are you going to do with Go as it gets bigger? It seems like you are living in a great place to have a chicken.

Natalie Allen said...

Once Go is old enough to move outside I think we are going to make a little coup for it in the shed. It seems perfect as wild animals wont be able to get in there and it should keep Go warm enough.

Amber and The Boys said...

We broke most of our eggs too and I spilled a cup of dye! Hey, Jack has the same pants as James in that first pic.