Monday, May 25, 2009

Allen Family Name (by Doug)

In my opinion one of the best ways to honor your family is to carry on the family name through the generations to come. We can not let the noble name Allen die with this generation. As far as I count (I hope i didn't miss any one) C.K and Dorris Allen would now have 17 great grandchildren, a good posterity which is sure to keep growing. However of all the grandchildren I am the only one that feels it is necessary to carry forth this most noble name of Allen, not once but twice. Grandma and Grandpa I honor you and I am sorry the other grandchildren do not feel it necessary to do the same.

7 comments:

Chad Keyser said...

Doug since you have figured out how to ensure male offspring, would you mind passing it along to those of us still playing the odds?

Amber and The Boys said...

I don't get it. What about Jon's kids?

Natalie Allen said...

Jon's kids are girls, only males will carry on the name. Once they get married they give up the Allen name.

CL said...

Wow Doug- wow. We are all in debt to you:-) We did give Luke the middle name of Allen. And I wouldn't give Jon too hard a time- no brothers was hard enough- he'd love to have a boy!!

Lindsey S said...

We got the tough end of the deal being one of the grandchildren of a daughter! None of us really got the Allen name. Dave is David Allen!

Josh said...

Three sons and they're all Prices. Serves Amber right for being a girl! However, we've secretly hidden the Allen family name in the first name of son number three---Dallen. D-Allen, get it? What, you may ask, is the D for? Doug, of course!

Mullin Fam said...

Ha Ha this is a pretty funny post! There was no way any of my kids could carry on the name of Allen, so we put Kay as Tommy's middle name. Grandpa should be proud! And congrats on your new little one!