I told James that I was going to take a shower. He ran in the bathroom yelling, "bath hot, bubbles." So I postponed my shower so he could take a bath. He couldn't even wait for me to take his pajamas off. And no this was not a clean diaper!
After this he asked if he could paint. So it was time to finger paint which he stays surprisingly clean during.
Finally after we washed the finger paint off he decided to do the dishes. Excuse the messy kitchen it took a long time to get the house back together after getting home from Colorado. And all this was accomplished before lunch!
Speaking of before lunch, I need some advice if anyone has any. This past week nap time has gotten a lot harder. I put James in his room after lunch just like normal. Then he plays and plays and plays. Usually I change his poopy diaper around 2 and he finally falls asleep around 3. I like him to be awake by 4 but have been letting him sleep until 5 because he falls asleep so late. Then when it is time for bed at night he isn't tired and we hear him playing in his room after we go to bed. This wouldn't be a problem if he would sleep in the next morning, but he doesn't and is often up before 7. And because of this lack of sleep he is always grumpy. When I say he plays in his room, there is really nothing for him to play with. There is his bed, dresser, and changing table (which is locked), so it's not like he is really playing with anything. The other day I found him stuck in his bed, similar to the vent. So if anyone has any advice on how I can get this kid to take a better nap/go to sleep let me know because it seems to be getting worse and worse.
4 comments:
Such a busy guy! Unfortunately, this is about the age a lot of kids start dropping their naps altogether. Lexi's been getting up around 7-7:30, not taking a nap and even though we put her to bed around 8, she's often still awake playing at 10. Ugh! She's grumpy too, but there isn't much you can do to force them to sleep. I think the grumpiness will go away soon, but they'll take naps less and less from here on out.
What a fun post. He sure is busy! I don't really have any sleep advice other than to keep doing what your doing-keep sticking to it and hope the phase passes, because they usually do. But, like Shannon said, some kids drop naps around this time. Good luck!!!
Wow! Looks like you've got a wild one on your hands! Callum is extremely wriggly and all over the place, I am dreading the day he starts to crawl and walk...I expect many busy days ahead.
I recommend Nyquil...cherry flavor he will like.
Sounds like it is time to send him off to the Grandparents...let us know when to pick him up, I am sure Doug's parents will also help out.
Your Father
Post a Comment