Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Perfect Morning

Today I had an almost perfect morning. Michael slept until 7, which means I actually got 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep, which hasn't happened in over 3 months. So even though I still has to wake up at 7 I feel more rested than if I had slept until 8 or 9. Then James has been in a very good mood, which hasn't happened for a few weeks. He has recently decided to live up to the name "terrible twos" which has been no fun for me. He even asked nicely to go to the park today. And finally Doug surprised me with a gift card for a 1 hour massage. Which is not only nice and relaxing, but I get to spend that time alone! Usually the only time I get to myself is when I run to the store quickly before Michael needs to eat again. What a great morning! I also get to look forward to an actually date tonight (also away from the kids!) for our anniversary. I can't believe we have been married for 4 years! In four years we have:


  • lived in 4 different houses/apartments

  • got a dog

  • lived in two different states

  • lost a dog

  • had 2 kids

  • bought a car

  • bought a house

  • Doug graduated college and got his dream job

  • I have had 3 different jobs and enjoy the one I currently have the most

  • built a Temple (Doug's dream job)

I am excited to see what the next few years have in store for us!

3 comments:

CL said...

Happy Anniversary guys!

Jackie said...

Happy Anniversary!! I doesn't seem possible that it has been four years. We sure love the three new family members (Natalie, James and Michael)we have acquired because of that wedding!!

Sarah McK said...

Wow, that IS a perfect morning!!! Uninterrupted sleep is the BEST! I love the cool header on top of your blog!