Sunday, March 1, 2009

Didn't we move to Idaho?

So we moved to Idaho 4 months ago, but every weekend this month we have been down to Utah! So this weekend we went down to put in a new floor in the living room, and hopefully have someone sign a lease. We left Friday right after work and got to Salt Lake about 7 that night. After letting James run around for an hour we put him to bed and got to work tearing out the old carpet. My brother Chad came over to help, which was really nice because I got really tired after doing not very much work. Once we got the floor ready for the wood we went to bed.
On Saturday we went to a Lumber Liquidators store to see if we could get a good deal on the floor, and we did. We saved about $.60 a square foot by going there which was really nice. Then it was back home to put in the floor. My brother came over again and James and I left for 2 hours to find an area rug and when we got back most of the floor was in! So after less then 24 hours of work we have this nice new floor that we don't get to use!
While James was taking a nap I decided that while the baseboards were off I would paint them because they looked a little beat up. So I had them all painted and laying out to dry on plastic and boxes. Just about the time James woke up from his nap the people who are now renting came over to move stuff into the garage. So we were really busy and not paying close enough attention to James. I turned around to answer my phone and when I turned back around there were little white foot prints all over the brand new floor. I prayed that it was saw dust, but when I touched it and it was sticky I knew it was paint! I ran and got Doug, who luckily had brought some paint thinner, to clean it up.
On Sunday we met the whole family who is now living there, and they seem really nice. We are so glad to have gotten a good family in there and we don't have to worry about it as much. It is still hard every time we go down there, I really miss it, and James really loves it there.

1 comment:

Amber and The Boys said...

Wow that looks so nice! So cool that you have a handyman hubbie to do that sort of thing! And I am so glad you guys found renters already-I hadn't hear that!